Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Old Homestead


There are many forsaken old homesteads on the back roads of Alberta. Sometimes they can look quite ghostly. As a photographer I always wanted to try to do a photograph of an old homestead with a model dressed in old fashion clothes, but turn the model into a ghostly figure…

A few weeks ago I was driving around a little place called Milo, and by chance happened upon this ancient steam tractor, the wheels were spikes! What a find, and I took photo’s from every angle. Having recently painted the car, I was motivated to do the tractor, but a rusty tractor was bland to me so I started to look at how this rust color could be made with my palette, The blending of the colors became a absorption and I decided to do the tractor in a more abstract way! As one of my critics, a grandchild said it looks like a cartoon. I then added the imaginative ghostly house.

For sale 60cm x 48cm backed and matt but unframed US $250

No comments:

Post a Comment