Saturday, December 26, 2009

Unfinished Dance


I really wanted to do another dancing picture! However this is not one of my most successful attempts!

Firstly I wanted to do this on three sheets of paper as wanted to get into the details.
The pose I chose was not easy as the female dancer was a lot smaller than the male, which I thought was charming and interesting.

This picture is as far as I could take this pastel. It represents many hours of work.
I even attempted the faces a second time which was worse than this! So this is an unfinished picture. I eventually had to give up from pure frustration. Maybe at a later time I will try again, but I felt that I had to move on and feel good about something else!

Comments would be helpful!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this one as it is. Firstly, it is in your distinctive style. Secondly, it captures the passion of the dancers. I think that is all you hope to achieve in painting and drawing. Viewers will immediately understand and appreciate what you've captured in the pastel.

    ReplyDelete